Funeral Services in Worcestershire
At F. W. Spilsbury Ltd we are always available to offer advice and we understand that following the passing of a loved one is difficult. When it comes to funeral services we can help, you will need to think about the following:
- Registering of death
- Arranging the funeral
You will need to supply the funeral director with the following details of the deceased:
- Full name
- Full address
- Date of birth
- Details of where and when they passed away
- A certificate for burial/cremation issued by the registrar (Green Form)
- Confirmation of whether or not they had a pacemaker
You will also need to consider:
- Your preferred date and time of service
- Where you would like the service to be held
- Who you would like to lead the service
- Would a family member or friend like to say something in memory during the service
- Your preferred music/hymns
- Whether you would like to have general flowers or family flowers only
- Would you like to have a collection for a particular charity, if so, which one?
- Would you like an order of the service
- Would you like an announcement in the newspaper
- Would you like to arrange transportation to and from the funeral
- Any special requirements
Are you choosing between a burial and a cremation?
- A few things to consider about a cremation
- It usually costs less than a burial
- The funeral service can be held at the crematorium or somewhere else
- There is usually a time limit for a crematorium service
- You will need to decide where you would like the final resting place of the remains
- You can keep the remains, scatter them or bury them
- There is no limit to when, where or how the remains find their final resting place NB. We cannot, however, keep them forever.
A few things to consider about a burial:
- Should you have a family grave or plot, we will arrange for it to be reopened
- Available burial spaces can be very expensive and very difficult to find
- You may want to think about reserving plots or one large plot for you and your family
- Woodland burials are becoming ever more popular
- Funeral services can be held in a local church or cemetery chapel
- After the burial you will need to decide if you would like a memorial headstone
Should you wish to spend some time alone with your deceased loved one, we can arrange for this in our chapel of rest.
Please feel free to give us a call today on the number listed on this website. We know that it is a difficult time for you but are always on hand with support and guidance.